GEEKOLOGIE RSS TEST THREAD

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
ikea-renault-concept-car.jpg
ikea-renault-concept-car-2.jpg
This is an IKEA and Renault electric kit car concept designed by Ryan Schlotthauer for his bachelor thesis:
It's making the rounds on the internet as if it's a real project between Renault and IKEA, but sadly Renault confirmed it is simply an academic exercise and they aren't officially involved in any way. IKEA also put out a statement, saying:
"We are happy to see there is such a great interest in Mr. Schlotthauer's Senior Thesis in the media. We very much like the idea ourselves of a new way of mobility and, we have in fact explored both skateboards and bikes in our range in the past. However, as happy as we are that students continue to get inspired by Ikea, we would like to clarify that to this day there isn't any ongoing or planned collaboration between Ikea and Renault. This was merely elaborated on in the student room of Mr. Schlotthaur, which - possibly - is furnished with a Micke or Bekant desk. But that would be as far as Ikea was ever involved in the Höga project. We thank Mr. Schlotthaur for the smile he put on our faces and wish him and all students the best for their preparing for their Senior Thesis this spring!"
It's too bad, because I've always wanted a car I had to assemble myself and would fall apart as I was driving down the road because I forgot to put in a single critical screw that was holding the whole thing together. You can check out more of Ryan's HÖGA IKEA mobility car concept on his Behance page.

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
charlie-bit-my-finger-nft.jpg
Because society continues to eat itself, NFT whale 3F Music bought the "Charlie Bit My Finger" YouTube video as an NFT for $760,999 and will most likely have the original video removed from YouTube.
Origin Protocol, which ran the auction, said in a statement the plan was to remove the original video from YouTube and then for it to be "memorialized on the blockchain." At the time of writing, the original "Charlie Bit My Finger" is still on YouTube, but it's unlisted.
3F Music also bought the Disaster Girl NFT for $500,000 and the Overly Attached Girlfriend NFT for $411,000. Considering their tremendous wealth and love of memes it'd be fair to assume they were Elon Musk, but turns out they're just a Dubai-based music production company. Which is fine, but less fun. Pretty much anything is less fun than a lunatic billionaire who can't stop talking about Dogecoin. Keep going for the original "Charlie Bit My Finger" video, assuming it's still there by the time you read this.

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
throwing-axe-like-boomerang.jpg
I don't know why you would ever want to, but this is a video of Master S. Kamaraj showing how to throw an axe like a boomerang. I mean, the last thing I want to happen when I throw an axe is to have it come back at me. I literally can't think of anything I'd want less, unless the axe suddenly exploding in my hand like a grenade was also an option. Keep going for the video, as well as one of him doing the same thing with a double-sided axe. He even catches them in his hand because if you're going to do something crazy you might as well fully commit.

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
These are optical illusion jeans designed by South Korean brand LEJE. They're just strategically cut and stitched, but the effect makes it look like your legs are glitching or sliced up or basically just super deformed. Definitely more practical and less painful than the method I was thinking of to achieve the same result. Speaking of which, there's an appointment with a samurai I need to cancel. Keep going for some more shots, as well as one of their other designs.

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
woman-pushes-bear-off-fence.png
Sorry for the lack of updates. Turns out I went to a place that didn't have internet and I was unprepared because what kind of place doesn't have internet? Anyway, here's a video of a woman defending her dogs on Memorial Day by pushing a bear off her fence with her bare hands. Or should I say bear hands? No. No I should not.
@bakedlikepie
My cousin Hailey yeeted a bear off her fence today and saved her dogs. How was your Memorial Day?! (WTF?!) #ohno #badass #brave #fight #bear

♬ Oh No - Kreepa

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
crashed-drone-iceland-volcano.png
Joey Helms lost his DJI drone to a lava fountain while trying to film Iceland's newly erupting volcano Fagradalsfjall and here's the footage from its final flight.
Watch the brand new DJI FPV drone crash right into the exploding lava fountain of Iceland's newest volcano - Fagradalsfjall in the Geldingadalir valley. This unique HD footage provides a rare view right into the volcano's caldera and lava fountain during one of its geysir-like eruptions.

FPV drones are notorious for crashing, it is part of the hobby. So in an effort to get a unique vantage point and perspective into the crater we flew this remarkably capable drone as close to the lava river and caldera as possible. One of it turned out to be it's very last flight. At least the goggles record a great 1080p image allowing us to actually capture the last seconds the drone saw.
Hard to say if this was intentional or not but I do wish there was a second drone capturing the crash of the first drone. Is crash even the right word? Melting? Lava...ing? It's actually surprising the drone even made it as far as it did. I don't know if you know this, but turns out lava is actually pretty hot. Keep going for the video. It's not particularly exciting, but the footage of the lava and volcano are actually pretty nice.

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
ball-bounciest-surfaces.jpg
This is a video of a ball being bounced on one of the world's bounciest surfaces. It makes it sound like some super secret scientific material, but *spoiler alert* it's just a balloon stretched over a cup. Although they could've saved themselves the work of buying a balloon and cup and just used my rock hard butt cheeks instead. Keep going for the video. It really is surprisingly bouncy.

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
difference-between-usps-fedex.jpg
Gabe White shared this video of their FedEx and USPS deliveries. Apparently the FedEx driver has lost the ability to bend and the USPS driver is an angel sent from heaven.
Shoutout to our USPS driver for moving all the packages out of the rain.
Keep going for the video. I get the feeling the FedEx driver might actually be a Terminator in disguise.

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
bo-burnham-welcome-to-the-internet.jpg
If you haven't seen it yet, this is Welcome to the Internet from Bo Burnham's Netflix special Inside. If that means nothing to you, Bo Burnham is a comedian, actor, entertainer person and he managed to write, film, edit, and score a Netflix comedy special entirely on his own during the pandemic. It was released on Friday and this is one of the songs from it. For anybody even thinking about entering the entertainment business you should be aware that this is what you're up against. Keep going for the video and definitely watch his special Inside on Netflix. This isn't a paid sponsorship, I just believe it's an incredible piece of art made during an incredible time and the fact he did it entirely on his own makes it doubly (quadropoly?) impressive.

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
duck-gets-3d-printed-leg.jpg
Waddles the duck was born with a mangled left foot. The owner decided to do something about that and had a Certified Pet Prostheticist from Bionic Pets fit him with this 3D printed prosthetic.
A Duck name Waddles has a mangled left leg and his owner wants to better his quality of life by giving him a prosthetic leg.
I'm a big tough guy but I have to admit it warmed my heart to see Waddles the duck finally waddling around with his prosthetic. I know it's just a duck, but I swear you can actually see him smiling with joy when he finally starts walking. Kind of like when my grandpa got his walker, except the duck didn't head straight to a strip club with his new found mobility. Keep going for the adorable clip from NatGeo Wild.

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
danish-bike-helmet-psa.jpg
This is a Danish Road Safety Council commercial promoting bike helmet safety using Vikings. It plays like a Monty Python sketch which is the highest of compliments. I don't know if it's particularly effective at getting people to wear bike helmets, but it made me laugh and isn't that really what public safety is all about? Keep going for the full video.

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
homemade-star-tours-ride.png
Clearly out to make every other dad on the planet feel like a complete loser, this guy built a functioning Star Tours ride in his garage for his daughter's Disneyland themed birthday party.
This is a homemade Disneyland Star Tours attraction built for my daughter's Disneyland themed birthday party at our house.

It's the original 1987 version of Star Tours featuring the glorious Paul Reubens (Pee-wee Herman) as the rookie pilot Capt. Rex. It's his first flight and he's still getting used to his programming. Back in the fall of 2019 my daughter Indy requested a Disneyland themed party at our house for her birthday in April. We built a couple of attractions for it but due to Covid when her birthday came around we had to shelve everything and postpone the party until 2021. This past April, a full year and a half after she made the initial request we were finally able to do Disneyland at home for Indy's birthday. This is the Star Tours portion of the party.
I've scrubbed through the video a few times and I'm still not entirely sure how the ride is functioning. I can't tell if it's actually on some sort of gimbal system or if they just have adults manually moving the whole thing. Either way it's incredibly impressive and excessive and pretty much a middle finger to every other parent in that neighborhood. Can you imagine being this guy's neighbor? Better start saving up for your kid's therapy sessions because there's no way you're not a disappointment compared to this guy. Keep going for the full video before the Disney lawyers issue the cease and desist and then sue this family into oblivion.

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
nanny-predator.jpg
This person's security camera "captured" footage of their nanny and turns out they're a Predator. No, not that kind of predator, a Predator like from the Arnold Schwarzenegger movie. Which I guess doesn't preclude them from being the other kind of predator, but this is mostly about being invisible and not Chris Hansen entering the room. Keep going for the security cam footage.

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
white-womans-instagram-bo-burnham.jpg
This is Bo Burnham's White Woman Instagram song from his Netflix special Inside. I already posted Bo Burnham's Welcome to the Internet video, but he's a one man content machine and I can't help but support the man. I feel like eventually I'll just be posting the entire Netflix special in pieces as it's uploaded to YouTube and I 100% have no problem with that. Again, Bo did everything you see in this video by himself, alone, while in lockdown during the pandemic. That means writing the music, performing the music, filming himself, editing the video, and literally everything else besides lay down the infrastructure for the Internet that you're using to watch it. Keep going for the video and then watch his special on Netflix. Again, this isn't a paid sponsorship, it's just really, really, really good. Although if you're not into the two videos I've posted it's probably not for you.

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
scorpion-rope-dart-tricks.jpg
This is a video of a guy performing trick shots with a dart attached to a rope like Scorpion from Mortal Kombat. And if you're wondering, the official name for this weapon is, um, the rope dart. After watching the video I thought about attempting to do some trick shots of my own but decided I didn't feel like getting accidentally stabbed by a rope dart today. Keep going for the full video. My only recommendation is next time the guy actually dress like Scorpion from Mortal Kombat and maybe replace the targets with people dressed like Sub-Zero. What's a little murder for the sake of YouTube?

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
japanese-larch-bonsai.jpg
This is a wonderfully relaxing and satisfying video of Bucky Barnes shaping a Japanese Larch bonsai tree over the course of a year.
Bucky Barnes returns to document the designing, pruning, carving and shaping of a Japanese Larch bonsai tree.
I had no idea so much planning went into shaping a Bonsai tree. Everything I know I know from The Karate Kid and I thought they basically just cut it until it looked pretty. Which is kind of what's happening, but with 100x more forethought than I realized. This guy put more planning into shaping that little tree than I did when remodeling my house. And by "remodeling my house" I mean swapping out the cardboard box I live in.

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
solar eclipse occurring mid-flight
by NiceCasualRedditGuy pic.twitter.com/542lixqPOw

— Black Hole (@konstructivizm) June 9, 2021
This is a solar eclipse captured mid-flight. I'm not sure what it does for the flat Earth movement, but it's doing a whole lot for the Godamn the World is Stunning movement. It's almost as beautiful as the time I witnessed a giraffe peeing and then another giraffe bend down and start licking it. Ah, the majesty of nature.

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
self-charging-tesla.jpg
Using a Raspberry Pi 4 and some machine learning, Pat Larson created this automatic charger for his Tesla. In 2015 Tesla released a video of a snake charger prototype that would also automatically charge your car, but that one looked like it would murder or rape you when you fell asleep. This one seems a bit less functional but is able to do the job and looks like you'd be able to fight it off if it started getting murdery or rapey. Keep going for the full video as well as a video of Tesla's original snake charger prototype.

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
playing-with-time.jpg
Filmmaker Ben Ouaniche of Macro Room put together this video of himself interacting with his own slow motion footage and the end result is extremely satisfying to watch. It's like if Christopher Nolan decided to make a series of 15 second Zack Snyder films. Keep going for the full video.

Continue reading...

The Biggest Forums - The Biggest, Largest, Best, Most Popular Forums and Message Boards Top List on the Internet.
The Biggest Forums - The Biggest, Largest, Best, Most Popular Forums and Message Boards Top List on the Internet. Forum-List.com

Number of visitors since November 2018: