My-Bonzi-Tree-Ad

GEEKOLOGIE RSS TEST THREAD

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
video-game-addict-son.jpg
This is a video of 37-year old mother Lilybeth Marvel going to hand-feed her son Carlito breakfast at an internet cafe in Nueva Ecija, the Philippines, as he plays his favorite battle royale style video game, Rules Of Survival, which, at this point, he's been playing for over 48 hours straight. Some more info while I wonder why his mother didn't teach him the REAL first rule of survival: if you don't stop playing video games long enough to eat, you're going to starve to death:
After the footage went viral, the mother took to the internet to explain that she and her husband had tried a rough approach at first, by banning Carlito from going to the internet cafe. That didn't work out as well as they had hoped, as the 13-year-old always found ways to sneak out, so now they're trying to do things differently. "I used to just nag about his online games. But that didn't work. So I'm trying a different approach," the woman said. "I try to make him feel that whatever is happening in his life, I am his mother who loves him and takes care of him." The two desperate parents have pulled Carlito out of school, because he had started skipping classes to play video games. They are trying to focus on managing his addiction, but admit that it is very difficult and have pleaded online for help.
Well that was a whole family-sized microwavable dinner of depressing. So what is the answer here? Like, what will actually work? I know you're used to me having all the answers on account of my keen intellect and devilish good looks, but I'm actually at a loss here. "Call Ralph, demand he breaks the internet again." mind is blown, reforms like a star being born, is blown again My God you're good. Keep going for the video.

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
cargo-ship-vs-bridge.jpg
Wide open seas? Check. Okay cool let's hit that bridge. This is a video from South Korea of a Russian cargo ship slow-speed crashing into part of the Gwangandaegyo (aka the Diamond Bridge, the same one seen in Black Panther) while trying to...actually I'm not sure what it was trying to do. Apparently not avoid crashing into bridges hard enough though. The ship's captain (whose name has been withheld) was identified as being 'slightly intoxicated' when the accident happened, which I assume is Russian for pass-out wasted, like the same kind of drunk you'd get before working on a roof or with high-voltage electricity. Keep going for the video. And thankfully there were no injuries reported except to the ship and to the captain's job prospects.

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
Note: Keep your volume in check, high winds. This is a video from Fort Erie, Ontario, of a bunch of ice that was pushed over the Lake Erie-Niagara River ice boom (a series of massive 30-foot floating steel pontoons designed to prevent ice from entering the Niagara River from Lake Erie) and crashing ashore over a brick wall at Mathers Arch near the Peace Bridge. As fun as it is to watch that ice come ashore, it's really the guy's reaction that makes it even better. Some highlights: "I got it!", "Whoooooo!", "Mary Ann -- move my car! Move my car!", "Holy shit I got it!", "Oh my God I can't believe I actually got it." "Whooooohoooo!", "That's it, gotta be here at the exact time, you have like thirty seconds to get it. How cool is that?" If I didn't know better I'd swear he just won the lotto. Also, is Mary Ann okay? Because a check-in at the end of the video would have been nice. I worry, I know how these three-hour tours can go. Keep going for the whole video, most of the action is in the first half though.

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
judge-fake-people.jpg
Using the faces generated by an artificial intelligence program for the website Thispersondoesnotexist (previously posted here), Judge Fake People is a site that adds a hot or not feature to the fake faces so you can judge them all on attractiveness to your heart's content. You can also filter the faces by highest/lowest ratings, or most average. And isn't judging fake people one of the shared human experiences? Take my coworker Greg for example -- he acts like he's my friend but I know he's gone behind my back and tried to get me fired at least twice. "For valid reasons?" That depends -- is stealing a coworker's project and trying to pass it off as my own a valid reason?" "Yes." Then MAYBE. Thanks to becca b, who made me briefly stop and consider maybe I'm the fake person before I laughed off the notion because I'm the realest person who's ever existed.

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
massive-carrot.jpg
In man, I wish there was a girl who looked at me the same way he's eying that carrot news, this is a video of Youtuber Allotment Diary pulling a massive show carrot from its plastic 55-gallon drum growing container. Now that is a massive carrot. "Hummina hummina!" Please, Peter Rabbit, show some decency. "BOIYOYOYOING!" Not you too, Bugs. Obviously, the size of this carrot still pales in comparison to your penis, __, but the first person to Paypal me $40 gets the blank space above replaced with their name. Keep going for the whole video, which is strangely satisfying to watch.

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
Because human achievement isn't going to pinnacle itself, this is the Kickstarter campaign for the ~$55 Pizza Pocket Hoodie, a hoodie with a triangular zippered pocket on the front that's made to store its specially insulated, removable (and hand-washable) pizza slice carrying pouch (which also has a magnetic closure to keep the heat in). I want one, but I'm kind of concerned -- I mean how many days in a row is too many days in a row to wear a Pizza Pocket Hoodie? "Nice try, GW, but I recognize a trick question when I hear one." Haha, you thought about it for a second though, admit it. Keep going for several more shots and an As Seen On TV style commercial.

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
This is a video of a waterfall caused by heavy rains cascading down some stairs at the Culinary Institute of America in St Helena, California. I felt like the only thing missing from the video were some salmon trying to jump up those stairs to throw a spawning orgy at the top and then die. "Is that how you want to go, GW?" What do you mean? "Like at an orgy." Don't be ridiculous, I have a reputation to uphold, I can't be dying at some kink-fueled orgy. "Just checking." I'm kidding, obviously I'm 110% fine with that. But I want my obituary to read, 'He died happy -- so lost in a mountain of flesh he couldn't even tell which way was up.' Keep going for the video, which is way too much walking to the waterfall stairs and not enough of the waterfall stairs. Honestly, the gif is really all you need to see.

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
thor-hammer-toilet-paper-holder-1.jpg
This is the Thor's Hammer Mjolnir Toilet Paper Holder created by 3D Visuals & Design Co. and available on Amazon. The entirely too expensive toilet paper holder costs $50 and sits on the back of your toilet tank (or any other flat surface). You can see in the picture what this one reads, but there's another product photo below that just reads 'WHOEVER SITS HERE AND HOLDS THIS HAMMER SHALL POSSESS THE POWER OF THOR", so I'm not entirely sure which one you're getting if you actually buy one, since there's no option. I guess it's purchase at your own risk. Alternatively, just don't buy one and do what I do and leave an empty toilet paper roll on the back of the tank like a normal person whose girlfriend hates coming over. Keep going for the other shot.

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
This is a very short video from the University of Tokyo of scientists briefly creating the world's strongest indoor magnetic field (1,200 Teslas), and blowing the door off their lab in the process. shrug It happens. You can't make an omelet without setting your house on fire, that's what I always say. Some more info while my mom insists I make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich instead:
the Japanese researchers dumped a massive amount of energy--3.2 megajoules--into the generator to cause a weak magnetic field produced by a small coil to rapidly compress at a speed of about 20,000 miles per hour. This involves feeding 4 million amps of current through the generator, which is several thousand times more than a lightning bolt. When this coil is compressed as small as it will go, it bounces back. This produces a powerful shockwave that destroyed the coil and much of the generator. To protect themselves from the shockwave, the Japanese researchers built an iron cage for the generator. However they only built it to withstand about 700 Teslas, so the shockwave from the 1,200 Teslas ended up blowing out the door to the enclosure. "I didn't expect it to be so high," Shojiro Takeyama, a physicist at the University of Tokyo, told IEEE Spectrum. "Next time, I'll make [the enclosure] stronger."
When reached for comment about the incident, I could only hear Magneto breathing heavily on the other end of the line as I described it to him. "And how did that make you feel?" Like I should have been charging him $3.99/minute for my services. Keep going for the video (although the gif is really it). And remember: there's always a very fine line between dying and gaining superpowers.

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
truck-through-ice.jpg
Note: Some hearty Wisconsin language. This is some footage from Lake Winnebago in Hilbert, Wisconsin, of a truck parked out on the frozen lake in an area that decided it wasn't really that frozen, and decides to slowly swallow the vehicle whole. I really appreciated the surprising change from portrait to landscape mode in the video at 0:28 -- I wasn't expecting that. Granted he switches back to portrait mode by 0:55, but I feel like it was a step in the right direction. Still, I can't help but feel that the proper thing for this truck's owner to do would have been to get back in the driver's seat and go down with his ship, but clearly some people don't believe in maritime traditional. I hope he's cool with his wife making sure he never hears the end of this. Keep going for the video.

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
tarantula-takes-opossum.jpg
Because the circle of life for this young opossum was little more than a 15-degree arc, this is a video of a large tarantula dragging a opossum away to eat. The footage, captured during an ecological study by the University of Michigan in the Amazon rainforest of Peru, is believed to be the first, and hopefully last, documentation of tarantulas preying on opossums. Granted that's a very small opossum, but if it were any larger and the tarantula was still dragging it away, I'd say it's time we reevaluate the worldwide spider threat and do something about it. My vote, just like in every other election, is for flamethrowers. Keep going for the video.

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
tiny-bag-1.jpg
These are several shots of the 'Le Chiquito' bag from French design house Jacquemus. It costs $500 and really isn't big enough to hold anything but an owner's taste and decency. I really don't get it, and I don't think I want to. I'm afraid that if I did get it, I really wouldn't like the person I've become. "You mean filthy rich and frivolous?" Please explain it to me, I have to understand. Keep going for several more shots, the best of which is a model walking down the runway with the bag.

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
balloon-pop-in-nuclear-cooling-tower.jpg
This is a short video of the sound of a balloon being popped inside a nuclear cooling tower. SPOILER: It kinda sounds like thunder. It also kinda sounds like the voice of the monster that lives in my closet and is always trying to get me to stay up late partying with him on school nights. "The devil?" Maybe, does the devil drink Mike's Hard Lemonade and smoke clove cigarettes? Keep going for the video.

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
This is a video demonstration of Japanese juggling grad student (presumably at Clown College?) Shun Onozawa's graduate thesis 'Movement Act', a machine capable of horizontally juggling (read: rolling) 16 balls in a star shape (with each ball only traveling in a straight line though) without them colliding in the middle. Now not to brag or anything, but I've been known to do a little bit of horizontal juggling myself. winks, nudges Yeah, WITH A LADY. flashes eyebrows a couple times, finally admits I have no clue what I'm talking about Keep going for two videos (one significantly brighter so you can see what's going on) while I speculate why there aren't more traffic intersections like this. I mean it seems to work so well.

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
This is a video demonstration of MIT's new Mini Cheetah headless quadruped robot: a smaller, 20-pound version of their non-mini Cheetah robot previously seen HERE and HERE . What can it do? KILL. Plus trot over rugged terrain at twice the average human's walking speed, sidestep, walk diagonally and in spirals, and do backflips so it can flip over your head and attack from the rear. It can also swivel its legs to either walk right-side up OR upside-down, so if you thought flipping it on its back like a Koopa Troopa was going to save you, you were wrong and you are dead now. stamps F on forehead This concludes your robot apocalypse survival simulation. It'll be another $80 to take the test again, but you will receive a holographic sticker if you pass. Keep going for the video demonstration, the very end of which is a bunch of crash and burns.

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
This is a video of street artist DAKU's 'Theory Of Time' art installation in an alley in Goa, India. As the sun moves across the sky the shadows of the words printed above the street on transparent panels move with it. That's pretty cool. I tried to read the whole thing but the timelapse made it move too fast. Plus I got distracted watching all the people. Why read when you can people watch? That's what I say every time I wonder what the hell I'm doing at the library. Keep going for a couple still shots the much smoother Instagram video.

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
Because Otis could never quite get it right, these are a couple videos of new Mitsubishi elevators that have double-tap to cancel floor buttons. That way you can void all the unnecessary stops in the event you step into an elevator right after someone's shitty kid mashed all the buttons. "Are you that shitty little kid, GW?" You know I am, AND I set off a stink bomb. "You're the worst." Everyone hates me, my friends and family most of all. Keep going for the videos (the second of which is entirely too long unless you have an elevator fetish), while I complain that elevator door close buttons don't operate nearly fast enough to prevent the person behind me from getting on.

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
This is some dashcam footage from I-95 in Doswell, Virginia of a line of impatient drivers who got pulled over and ticketed for speeding down the shoulder to pass traffic stopped for an accident. It brought me great joy. Sure a cop is never there to catch the person when I see somebody doing something equally wrong, but it's at least nice to know they catch these people OCCASIONALLY. I swear, everyone always thinks their time is more important than everybody else's. And they would be wrong. Except in my case, my time is worth pure gold. These people's? I wouldn't trade them two turds for an entire year. Keep going for the video.

Continue reading...

test_user

hello
Bronze Membership
Credits
Bronze Usergroup
This is a video of full-of-flair bartender Stephen Molloy demonstrating a shaker and lime slice magic trick reminiscent of the cup and ball magic tricks of old. Admittedly, the minute-long trick is pretty impressive, and ends with a surprise that, unfortunately, was not the drink I ordered five minutes ago. What the hell Stephen I came here for a quick beer, not a magic show. Keep going for the trick.

Continue reading...

The Biggest Forums - The Biggest, Largest, Best, Most Popular Forums and Message Boards Top List on the Internet.
The Biggest Forums - The Biggest, Largest, Best, Most Popular Forums and Message Boards Top List on the Internet. Forum-List.com

Number of visitors since November 2018: